IPTel Solutions Terms and Conditions
We appreciate working with our customers and offer the following standard terms and conditions.
General Terms and Conditions
The following general terms and conditions apply to trading with IPTel Solutions.
Any equipment functionality expressed by IPTel is taken as accurate at the time of writing. Equipment manufacturers may update product lines and features without the knowledge of IPTel, so the supplied functionality information does not include any warranty for future development or continuation of that product functionality.
As IPTel do not write product code, no liability is accepted for software faults/bugs.
IPTel’s standard payment term is 30 days from invoice date. Any late payment may incur late payment fee.
In case the due date of IPTel’s invoice falls into the payment cycle that is later than the invoice due date, the invoice should be paid as part of the previous payment cycle.
Unless otherwise stated, the validity of quotations or Statements of Works is 60 calendar days from the last date of document revision
In the event that a signed SoW is not received prior to the issuance of a PO, the PO will be considered as a signed acceptance of this scope. This will be considered as an agreement in accepting the service descriptions and all terms and conditions contained in this document.
IPTel provide a standard 30 calendar warranty on services delivered.
Where IPTel have failed to correctly design or configure a service, this will be corrected at the cost of IPTel.
Where scope has changed, or supplied information was incorrect, these are not covered by the warranty.
Travel costs are excluded from the warranty, and where required, the customer shall assist in remediation with ensuring remote access services are available. Services will be supplied during standard business hours.
If callout or rapid response is required, this can be facilitated upon engagement via a support agreement. Any supplied equipment is subject to manufacturer hardware and software warranties.
Where manufacturer support contracts have not been purchased, the standard manufacturer warranties apply. In no event shall IPTel Solutions, or any subcontractor, be liable for direct or indirect losses, including lost profits, damage to data or other losses where there has been a failure to adequately administer the solution, once handed over.
The following terms and conditions apply to hardware sales with IPTel Solutions.
Hardware quotes are quoted with a fixed shipping fee, for shipping of the complete order. Part shipments will require additional shipping fees.
IPTel retains title to any products provided by IPTel under the Terms and Conditions (Products), and title to the Products does not pass from IPTel to me/us, until we / I pay in full the invoice amount and all other amounts that are payable, owing but not payable, or that otherwise remain unpaid by me/us to IPTel, on any account, at any time.
This is so even if I/we have taken possession of the Products, or has enhanced or changed the Products or performed work on the Products;
Return of Unpaid Goods
In support of this I/ we grant IPTel and its representatives an irrevocable licence to enter any land or premises for the purpose of inspecting, seizing or otherwise enforcing IPTel’s rights in respect of the Products and indemnifies IPTel for any claims for damage to property or personal injury as a result of exercising those rights.
If IPTel lawfully seizes or retakes possession of any Products, it may deal with them as it thinks fit.
Unless otherwise advised, a restocking and shipment fee is chargeable for returned goods. This will be at the relevant distributor rate.
If you require your equipment to be warehoused for a period of time, this can be accommodated and costs provided.
- Any change in the scope after project commencement will be subject to variation
- Inaccuracy in supplied data by the Customer may result in re-work being required and a variation being generated
- IPTel Solutions will only be responsible for the management of their own staff and not the staff of any other sub-contractors
- Format of all documentation to be agreed at commencement of project – documentation updates once works commence will require a variation. This includes use of customer supplied document templates
- IPTel reserves the right to request a variation for attendance at regular project meetings where project management has not been expressly scoped in this proposal
- Unless otherwise stated in this SOW, the following apply to detailed designs:
- IPTel will hold an initial Design workshop to discuss and agree on the recommended approach for any detailed designs via WebEx
- Included are two rounds of review to incorporate comments in line with the chosen solution
- Customers should collate feedback, so it can be integrated and tracked in the most efficient manner
- The two rounds of review feedback should be supplied as a marked-up document (PDF or Word), or a tracked Excel sheet to detail the required updates
- Review responses should be collated and sent through to IPTel within three business days of the request, in order not to incur any additional costs for the slippage of the end date of the project
- IPTel reserves the right to request a variation for any changes requested after the initial workshop which we determine will result in significant rework of the agreed solution
- Our team will have full and unfettered access to all scoped parts of the site, including comms rooms and racks as required:
- Keys and swipe passes will be issued to team members as required
- Multiple team members may be onsite at one time, requiring multiple swipe cards
- Any restriction in access may delay the Services and require a variation
- Only rubbish from equipment installed by IPTel Solutions will be disposed of by IPTel Solutions:
- Where there are no suitable bins onsite, IPTel may arrange for an external waste company to collect the rubbish and will pass this expense along at cost, raised as a project variation
- IPTel will request from the client access to suitable bins to dispose of the rubbish prior to offering an external company for rubbish collection
The Customer will manage the removal/disposal of old equipment
Any hardware equipment will be delivered to site in good and reasonable time prior to deployment
- Once the customer has confirmed site access times and dates, it is incumbent on the customer to confirm any equipment not installed by IPTel and required for the works will be onsite in time:
o Failure to do so may result in engineers being required to leave site and return at a later date
- Documentation will be built to the standard templates used by IPTel, unless otherwise specified by the client once the PO is received and works commence
- All documentation (especially the Wi-Fi Mark-up) is only supplied in PDF format, unless explicitly stated otherwise
- It is assumed that the customer has the necessary Subject Matter Experts (SME) available to work with IPTel to:
- Work with IPTel to define any pre-requisites for integration of the solution
- Where delays are encountered due to resource unavailability or integration pre-requisites are not able to be met, IPTel reserves the right to request a variation to cover additional effort involved to support the customer to a resolution
- Where a suitable SME is not available, this should be advised. IPTel will allocate additional time in the scope to work more closely with the customer during the project, but this time must be scoped at the outset, or scoped by a variation once the project has commenced
- Any BOM quoted prior to the completion of a detailed design should be considered as draft:
- IPTel reserve the right to update the BOM once the design is complete, including providing new and updated equipment quotes once the design is complete.
- IPTel are not liable for any gaps in quoted equipment prior to the completion of a detailed design
- Any inductions required for site access are scoped as a maximum of two-hour duration. Where inductions are longer than this, a variation may be raised to cover the time allowance for staff to complete the induction
- Where required for site work (including sensitive areas), a chaperone may be supplied by the client to escort IPTel personnel. The supply of the chaperone shall not be at the cost of IPTel and shall be supplied within suitable timeframes, so as not to affect the standard operation of staff onsite
- Unless otherwise detailed in this scope, all works are assumed to be conducted within normal business hours, including change controls. Where time is required out of hours, this will be raised as a variation, if not included in the original scope
- Transport of equipment to site excluded. IPTel Solutions will receive equipment at site loading dock and transport to relevant comms rooms for install
- Services that are peripheral to the main operational environment (email, telephony, video, building security/management, etc.)
- Provision of any electrical or data cabling for any works, unless these have been specifically quoted as in scope
- No works are included apart from those specifically listed in this SOW. This includes, but not limited to updating any existing documentation or other artefacts.
- Unless otherwise quoted, all patch leads, caged nuts and other such supplies are not included in the scope
- Management of TAC Cases, unless explicitly included in scope